Vegan Health News
Mainstream Media reminding vegans to get their Vitamin B12 ahead of Veganuary
If anything, the huge number of articles appearing now reminding vegans to take vitamin B12…Read More »
Is being Vegan Healthy?
If you are asking yourself whether or not a vegan diet is the best of all possible diets for your health, then the truth is that there’s a lot of debate. Put ten different nutritionists in a room and you might get almost ten different opinions. But the vegan diet does most definitely out perform many other diets on many measurements.
Is a Vegan Diet Healthy Long Term?
Are Vegans healthier than Meat Eaters?
How Healthy is a Vegan Diet?
Is all Vegan Food Healthy?
These are just some of the questions that people find themselves asking.
To address some of these questions, our news items on Health include:
- a report by top Belgian doctors which is extremely negative about the impact of a vegan diet on children, and then a reply from US doctors who are very dismissive of the Belgian report;
- the story of a village in Newfoundland, Canada of which a staggering 10% of which have been inspired to go vegan by two local doctors;
- a study of the impact of veganism on Crohn’s Disease and on male sperm counts;
- a Harvard study relating to diabetes and other chronic diseases;
- we have a negative report relating to incidents of strokes;
- US Health guidelines that children under 5 should not drink plant-based milk;
- the idea that plant-based burgers are not necessarily that healthy;
- the PCRM (Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine) recommending that cancer warning labels be put on cheese packaging;
- a Singapore based study that the risk of Cognitive Decline in the elderly is reduced by 18-33% in people who have adopted a predominantly plant-based diet earlier in their life;
- a former vegan social media influencer has turned her back on veganism and has embraced an all animal produce diet – she says it’s good for her health.