News of Environmental Issues as they relate to Veganism
Leading scientists have said that it is not more environmentally-friendly to go vegan and that…Read More »
How Veganism (or the lack of it) affects our Environment
There are many studies that conclude that our environment would be a lot better off if more people eschewed animal produce and meat in particular. Modern agriculture methods have become a political issue with the rising awareness of Climate Change. Your diet affects the world, and changing your diet can change the world.
Here are a few of our recent news stories:
- a TED talk which categorically states the need for an agricultural revolution;
- a study of the extent to which CO2 emissions could be reduced if the world went vegan;
- a report by one hundred and seven scientists working on the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) that claimed the West’s high consumption of meat and dairy is a major factor in climate change;
- how thirst for meat eating is a driving force behind the fires sweeping the Amazon rainforest;
- the Economist Magazine yet again stressed the ecological benefits of veganism citing a recent scientific paper;
- the strong reactions to the BBC documentary Meat: a Threat to our Planet? shows just how divisive this issue is;
- leading Scottish scientists have stressed how “crucial” meat eating is in opposition to the vegan trend.