Vegan Fashion News
Things keep getting better! After working closely with PETA for nearly two years to end…Read More »
Vegan Fashion: Eco-conscious and Animal-Friendly ways to Clothe Yourself
Being conscious about animal-derived clothing and accessories is a logical next step for those of you who have decided to take the next step in adopting a vegan lifestyle. For being a full-on vegan is so much more than just about what you choose to eat.
A fashion revolution is underway with a greater consicousness about compassion to animals. When you’ve taken the red pill why would you want to sit on a leather sofa and wear fur? The double whammy is combining this desire to end animal suffering with a creative urge to use recycled materials. The possibilities are almost endless for ethical clothing.
Some of the news stories we have reported on include:
- H&M has decided to stop using cashmere after a PETA undercover film exposé of animal practices in China and Mongolia causes outrage;
- Call It Spring, the global footwear and accessories company from Saint-Laurent in Montreal, has announced that it has gone fully vegan firmly establishing itself as a vegan fashion brand;
- a new vegan clothing shop, Treen, opens in Edinburgh to encourage ethical fashion clothing;
- Native Shoes launches a totally compostible and plant-based sneaker which is 100% earth friendly, animal-free and biodegradable;
- a Glasgow company has launched a fully vegan tartan kilt;
- Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown has partnered with Converse to launch a vegan friendly shoe depicting her love of the ocean;
- Adidas has released a pair of vegan sneakers in collaboration with the Hip Hop group, Beastie Boys;
- British fashion giant New Look has launched over 500 shoes and bags with the sought after Vegan Society seal of approval taking vegan fashion to new heights;
- Adidas has partnered with Parley for the Oceans to increase its range of sustainable shoes with a shoe made from ocean plastic;
- Nike has launched the vegan Air Max 90 sneakers that comprise sawdust and recycled rubber in collaboration with Maharishi;
- Taylor Swift and Stella McCartney has collaborated to launch a sustainable vegan fashion brand based on Swift’s album Lover;
- Stella McCartney has launched the first plant-based recyclable fur-free-fur coat at the Paris Fashion week;
- Mexican sustainable vegan cactus leather has been showcased at the Milan Leather Fair with the specifications needed by the leather industry;
- Her Majesty the Queen has officially gone fur-free for all new outfits according to her official dresser Angela Kelly with only faux-fur to be used in future;
- in a new collaboration between Adidas and Stella McCartney the iconic Stan Smith trainers have been re-invented yet again a vegan.